Not again

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Not again

Post by Erik_Kowal » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:29 pm

During a funeral, the pallbearers accidentally bump into a wall and hear a faint moan from the casket. They open it and discover that the man they are carrying is still alive.

The man lives for a further decade and dies. A second funeral is held.

At the end of the service, the pallbearers prepare to leave the church with the casket on their shoulders, heading for the door. "Watch out for the wall!" the wife exclaims.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Not again

Post by tony h » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:26 pm

Very good :)

My father went to a funeral of a man who turned out not to be dead. I met the corpse, and his brother, many years later. They were still mortified, for the reputation of their country, two decades later.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

Post by Bobinwales » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:33 pm

My friend and I drove into England to attend the funeral of a man who used to spend time with us organising an event in Wales. We arrived early and were a bit startled to see arrive someone we had no idea existed. Our colleague's identical twin!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by tony h » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:11 pm

Bobinwales wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:33 pm Our colleague's identical twin!
That must have been disconcerting, and then weird.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC