The ninth hole

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

The ninth hole

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:16 pm

One afternoon, a young man who was also an avid golfer found himself with a few hours to spare. He figured that if he hurried and played fast, he could get in nine holes before he had to head home.

Just as he was about to tee off, an old gentleman shuffled over and asked the young man if he could accompany him, because they would otherwise both be golfing alone.

Feeling reluctant, but being too polite to say no, the young fellow agreed.

To his surprise, the old man played fairly quickly. He didn't hit the ball far, but he plodded along consistently and didn't waste any time before making his swings.

They reached the ninth fairway, and the young man found himself with a tough shot. A tall pine tree stood directly between his ball and the green.

He pondered for some time about how to make the shot. Finally the old man said, "You know, when I was your age I would hit the ball right over that tree."

Responding to the challenge, the youngster swung hard, and with all his strength he whacked the ball upwards, where it smacked into the top of the tree trunk. Then the ball thudded back to the ground not a foot from where it had been struck.

The old man offered one more comment. "Of course, when I was your age, that pine tree was only three feet tall."
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC