Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned?

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Post by Dunkeld » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:09 pm

I suspect: EVERYBODY - except those maga-super-over-ÜBER-pious Bible Christians.

Am I right?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned?

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:23 am

What we need is a proper study to investigate your question by asking the various populations of ultra-pious Christians around the globe what their opinions are concerning the makeup of Hell's denizens.

Ideally, we ought also to have someone actually visit Hell and report back on the objective demographic characteristics of its inhabitants in order to be able to quantify the correctness of the opinions canvassed among the still-living ultra-pious.

It would be rather surprising if there were no surprises as regards the objective findings. Personally, I suspect the number of telemarketers in Hell is greater than most people would suppose, and the number of incessant tuneless whistlers somewhat lower.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by trolley » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:22 am

Erik_Kowal wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:23 am
Personally, I suspect the number of telemarketers in Hell is greater than most people would suppose, and the number of incessant tuneless whistlers somewhat lower.
and I somehow doubt there is a large parking lot full of abandoned hand-baskets despite how many people claim that to be their preferred mode of travel when hellbound
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:32 am

There's a reason those parking lots are mostly empty. I believe that the handbaskets (and handcarts) get sent back to Earth for reuse. Otherwise, how are all those people who I am sure we agree have a metaphorical label stuck to their foreheads saying "I'M GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL" going to get there?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC