Sunday Golf

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Sunday Golf

Post by Bobinwales » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Father Benjamin woke up one Sunday morning and looked out of the window and saw an exceptionally beautiful and sunny early spring day. He fought his conscience and his conscience lost. He decided to play golf.
He telephoned Father John, told him that he was feeling very unwell and convinced him to say Mass that day. As soon as he had hung up Father Benjamin got into his car and drove to a golf course about thirty miles away. He knew that out there it wasn’t very likely that he would run into anyone that he knew from his church.
He stood on the first tee, he was alone. It was after all it was a Sunday morning and everyone else was in church!
When all of this was going on Saint Peter leaned on the fence around Heaven and said to God, “You’re not going to let him get away with this are you?”
God sighed, and said, “No, I had better not”. At that moment Father Benjamin swung and hit the ball. It shot straight towards the pin, dropped a little short of it, rolled up and dropped into the hole. It was an impossible 380 yard shot; a hole in one! St. Peter was astonished. He looked at the God and said, “I don’t understand. Why did you help him make that amazing shot?”
God smiled very broadly and answered, “Just who’s he going to tell?”.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Re: Sunday Golf

Post by Waffle » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:20 pm

:lol:

Oh my stepfather will love this gem. Thank you.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC