A Cautionary Tale

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

A Cautionary Tale

Post by Bobinwales » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Last night I felt decided to treat myself to a drop of whisky, so I set off on my bicycle to the off-licence to get a half bottle to keep me company. As I was riding back with the bottle balancing on the handlebars I realised how dangerous this was. The bottle could fall off and break, which would leave shards on the road which could either puncture tyres or, worse still, people. I decided that the best thing I could do would be to sit down at the side of the road and drink it dry. So I did. It was just as well that I did too because I fell off my bike six times by the time I got home. Just imagine the damage that I could have done.
Post actions:
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Re: A Cautionary Tale

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:36 am

Phew, Bob! You dodged a bullet there!
Post actions:

End of topic.