A driving conumdrum

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

A driving conumdrum

Post by Bobinwales » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:48 pm

There he was, on his own, driving down a road when he saw a traffic camera flash.
He thought, “Why did that happen? I wasn’t speeding”. He was not in any sort of hurry, so out of sheer curiosity he drove around the block and passed the same spot, this time driving even more slowly, but again the camera flashed.
He thought this is really daft, so did another turn around, slowed down even further and drove past the camera, but it flashed yet again.
He tried a fourth time with the same result. The fifth time he was actually laughing when the camera flashed as he rolled past at a snail's pace.
Two weeks later, the postman delivered five identical letters from the local police telling him that he was being fined for driving without a seat belt.
Post actions:
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Re: A driving conumdrum

Post by tony h » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:16 pm

That reminds me. I remember we were stopped by a patrol car some years ago. The policeman came up to the window and my wife wound it down to hear him speak. "driving without due care; not looking at the road; talking on the phone whilst driving ..." At that point my wife pointed out that the steering wheel was on the other side of the car. The joys of driving a left-hand car in England.
Post actions:
Signature: tony

With the right context almost anything can sound appropriate.

Re: A driving conumdrum

Post by Erik_Kowal » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:43 pm

A friend of mine had exactly the same thing happen when he was out on his left-hand-drive motorbike.
Post actions:

End of topic.