Morality test

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Morality test

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:42 am

This test has only one question, but it's a very important one.

The test features a completely hypothetical situation in which you will have to make a crucial decision.

Only you will know the answer you give, so there's nothing to be gained by being dishonest in your response.

THE SITUATION:

You are in an outer suburb of Miami, Florida. There is chaos all around you, caused by a hurricane that has brought severe flooding of biblical proportions. The situation is almost hopeless.

You are a photojournalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster.

You're trying to shoot career-making photos from the back of a heavy flatbed truck, using a non-digital camera for maximum impact.

There are houses and people swirling around you, some of which you can see disappearing under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury on the hapless city.

THE TEST:

Suddenly you see a man in the water. He is being swept towards the truck you are standing on.

He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the swirling debris.

You move closer to the edge of the truck.

Somehow the man looks familiar.

You suddenly realize who it is.

It’s Donald Trump!

At the same time, you see that the raging waters are about to take him under forever.

YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS:

You could use a lashing strap to throw to Donald Trump and save his life.

Or you could shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize-winning photo documenting the death of one of the world's most powerful men who has been hell-bent on destroying everything that you personally believe in.

THE QUESTION:

Please answer honestly:

Would you select a high-saturation color film like Fuji Velvia, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black-and-white?
Post actions:

Re: Morality test

Post by Mr. MaGoo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:14 pm

This is a good question. I think I would use the high saturation color film because Mr. Trump is a very colorful character and I would want that to come through. Magoo
Post actions:

Re: Morality test

Post by Manateena » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:57 pm

I would opt for black and white film since as mentioned in the original post there is a classic simplicity and timelessness to black and white photography. I believe using color film would serve well for the present, but the photo would show its age in future years when color photography has advanced.
Post actions:

End of topic.