The end is nigh.

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

The end is nigh.

Post by Bobinwales » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:58 pm

Doug Smith was in hospital; in fact he was on his deathbed and knew that his end was near.
Sitting around him were his nurse, his wife, his daughter and his two sons are with him. He thought that as he had not made a will it would be a good idea to ask for two witnesses and a camcorder to record his last wishes, and when all was ready he began to speak:
My son, “Bernie, I want you to take the Mayfair houses”.
My daughter “Sybil, you take the blocks of flats over in the east end”.
My son, “Jamie, I want you to take the offices in the City Centre”.
“Sarah, my dear wife, you can have all the residential buildings on the banks of the river”.
The nurse and witnesses were flabbergasted. They had no idea that he had such extensive holdings, and as Doug slipped away, the nurse whispered, “Mrs. Smith, your husband must have been such a hard-working man to have accumulated all that property”.
Sarah replies, “Property? He doesn't have property. The old bugger had a newspaper round!”
Post actions:
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

End of topic.