Rising to the occasion

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Rising to the occasion

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:44 am

During their honeymoon in Bermuda, a couple bought a talking parrot and took it to their hotel room. There, much to the groom's annoyance, the bird kept up a running commentary on their lovemaking. Finally, the groom threw a large towel over its cage and threatened to give the parrot to the zoo if he didn't quit kibitzing.

The next morning, packing to return home, the couple were struggling to secure the latches of an old suitcase they'd picked up in a flea market to hold their overflowing souvenirs.

The groom said, "Darling, you get on top, and I'll try to get it in."

That didn't work.

Figuring they needed more weight on the lid, the new bride said, "Sweetheart, you get on top, and I'll try getting it in."

Still no success.

So the groom said, "Look, that's not working. Let's both get on top."

The parrot pushed his beak through the bars, tugged down the towel from his cage, and said: "Zoo or no zoo, I just gotta see this!"
Post actions:

End of topic.