Talking the walk

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Talking the walk

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:22 am

Two medical students were returning home to their digs when they saw an old man walking slowly ahead of them with his legs apart and stiff, as if he was having trouble bending his knees.

The first student remarked, "I'm sure that poor old bloke has Peltry Disease. People who've got it walk just like that."

His friend said, "No, I don't think so. The old man must surely have Savitsky Syndrome. See how slowly he's walking? And his legs are really far apart, just like we learned in class."

As they couldn't agree, they decided to ask him.

"We're medical students, and we couldn't help noticing the strange way you're walking. On the other hand, we couldn't agree what syndrome you're suffering from. Could you please tell us what it is?"

"I'll tell you all right," replied the old man, "but first you tell me what you two fine medical students think."

The first student said, "I think it's Peltry Syndrome."

The old man said, "You thought wrong."

The second student said, "I think you have Savitsky Syndrome."

The old man said, "You're also wrong."

"In that case, old-timer, what do you have?"

"Well, I thought it was gas — but I was wrong as well!"
Post actions:

End of topic.