The art of delegation

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

The art of delegation

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:52 pm

An old Arab has been living just outside New York City for more than 40 years. He would love to plant some potatoes in his garden, but he is on his own, too decrepit and feeble to dig his vegetable patch. The old man sends his son, who is studying in Paris, an email to explain the problem:
"Beloved son, I am very sad because I'm now unable to plant potatoes in my garden. I am sure that if you were here you would help dig the garden for me. I love you,

Your father."
The following day, the old man receives a response from his son:
"Beloved father, please don't touch the garden. It's there that I have hidden THE THING. I love you too,

Ahmed."
At 4 p.m. the same day, the US Army, the Marines, the FBI, the CIA, the DEA, the Rangers and the ATF visit the house of the old man. They take the whole garden apart, searching every inch, but find nothing. Disappointed to have drawn a blank, eventually they leave.

The next day, the old man receives another e-mail from his son:

"Beloved father, I hope the garden is dug by now and you can plant your potatoes. I'm afraid that's all I could do for you from here. I love you,

Ahmed."
Post actions:

End of topic.