Q&A: Capitalism explained

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Q&A: Capitalism explained

Post by Erik_Kowal » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Seven-year-old Johnny goes to his dad and asks: "What's the capitalist system, Dad?”

"Where d'you get that question from, Johnny?" responds his father, surprised.

"The teacher said it in school today".

So Johnny's dad decides to try drawing on some familiar concepts to explain: "Well, as I’m the breadwinner of the family, let’s call me Capitalism. Mommy administers the money and buys the things we all need, so we’ll call her The Government. We’re both here to take care of you, so we’ll call you The People, and the nanny can be The Working Class. And finally, we can think of your baby brother as The Future."

Little Johnny nods doubtfully while pretending to understand his father's explanation, and says nothing.

That night, Johnny hears his baby brother crying. He goes to the cot and discovers that his brother's diapers are soiled; but their mother shows no sign of stirring from her slumber.

So little Johnny goes to the nanny’s room and looks through the keyhole. Peering through it, he sees his father having sex with the nanny. Not knowing what else to do in this kind of situation, he again says nothing, but returns to his bed.

The next morning, the little boy tells his father: "Daddy, I think I now understand what the capitalist system is".

"Very good, son! Why don't you tell me then — in your own words — what you think it is".

"Well", replies the boy, "as far as I can figure out, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored, and the Future's in deep shit".
Post actions:

Re: Q&A: Capitalism explained

Post by Phil White » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:50 pm

I assume the nanny was Greek.
Post actions:
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Re: Q&A: Capitalism explained

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:39 pm

Let's not add more drachma to a Croesus.
Post actions:

End of topic.