Nutrition research

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Nutrition research

Post by Wizard of Oz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:58 am

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

WoZ looking for a new language
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Re: Nutrition research

Post by Phil White » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:17 am

Well, WoZ, you should be fine then...
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:59 am

Come now, Phil... WoZ's English is much better than it seems.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Wizard of Oz » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:31 am

Well I say chaps. You certainly know how to give a fellow a low blow when he is Downunder. I have earnestly tried to acquaint myself with the better levels of the English language but it does seem that even the language can't make up its mind.

WoZ-in-training
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:54 am

.. in my opinion, we should at least give WoZ points for trying, Phil .. what do you think? ..
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Phil White » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Those members who receive no points for trying should be awarded points for being trying. That way, we all get points, which should lead to an equitable, harmonious society.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC