Nutrition research

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Nutrition research

Post by Wizard of Oz » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:58 am

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

WoZ looking for a new language
Post actions:
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Re: Nutrition research

Post by Phil White » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:17 am

Well, WoZ, you should be fine then...
Post actions:
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:59 am

Come now, Phil... WoZ's English is much better than it seems.
Post actions:

Post by Wizard of Oz » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:31 am

Well I say chaps. You certainly know how to give a fellow a low blow when he is Downunder. I have earnestly tried to acquaint myself with the better levels of the English language but it does seem that even the language can't make up its mind.

WoZ-in-training
Post actions:
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:54 am

.. in my opinion, we should at least give WoZ points for trying, Phil .. what do you think? ..
Post actions:

Post by Phil White » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:18 pm

Those members who receive no points for trying should be awarded points for being trying. That way, we all get points, which should lead to an equitable, harmonious society.
Post actions:
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

End of topic.