Why Parents Have Grey Hair.

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Why Parents Have Grey Hair.

Post by Bobinwales » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Geoff Holland was the CEO of a big company. One day, he was sitting in his office when he received a message telling him of a problem that needed John Benjamin’s personal attention. There was a problem in that John Benjamin had decided to take the day off to send a bit of time with his family.

Geoff knew that John would not mind taking a call because if the problem could not be sorted over the telephone, it would be better if he was fully aware of it when he arrived in work the following day. So he rang John’s home phone number and was greeted with a child’s hushed whispered voice.

“Hello”.

“Is your daddy home?” he asked.

“Yeth”, whispered the small voice.

“May I talk with him?”

The child whispered, “No”.

Surprised, Geoff asked, “Is your Mummy there?”

“Yeth”.

“May I talk with her?”

Again the small voice whispered, “No”.

Geoff obviously knew that the little girl would not be there on her own, so that could leave a message, he asked, “Is there anyone else there?”

“Yeth”, “A policeman”.

Starting to feel very uneasy, and wondering what on earth the police could be doing at his John’s home, Geoff asked, “May I speak with the policeman?”

“No, he’s busy”, whispered the child.

“Busy doing what?”

“Talking to Daddy and Mummy and the fireman”, came the whispered answer.

Growing even more worried, he was alarmed to hear what could only be a helicopter, and trying very hard to stay calm Geoff asked, “What is that noise?”

“A hello-copper”, answered the whispered voice.

“What is going on there?” asked Geoff almost in a panic.

In an awed whispering voice the child answered, “The search team just landed the hello-copper”.

By this time Geoff had given up all pretence of staying calm, “What are the searching for?” he yelled.

Still whispering, the young voice replied along with a muffled giggle, “ME!”.
Post actions:
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Re: Why Parents Have Grey Hair.

Post by Wizard of Oz » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:04 am

.. priceless Bob .. love it ..

WoZ in the cupboard
Post actions:
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

End of topic.