Italian funeral

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Italian funeral

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:55 pm

A Jewish man was leaving a convenience store with his espresso when he noticed a most unusual funeral procession approaching the entrance of the nearby Italian cemetery.

A black hearse was being followed by a second hearse about 50 feet behind the first one. Behind the second hearse was a solitary Italian man in mourning clothes walking a dog on a leash. A few feet behind him, about 200 other men were walking in single file.

The Jewish man couldn't stand his curiosity. He respectfully approached the Italian fellow walking the dog and said, "I am so sorry for your loss — and I hope you don't mind me disturbing you — but I've never seen an Italian funeral like this. Whose is it?"

"My wife's".

''What happened to her?"

"She was yelling at me, and my dog attacked and killed her".

"But who is in the second hearse?"

"My mother-in-law. She came to my wife's aid, but the dog turned on her and killed her too".

A shared moment of Jewish and Italian brotherhood passed between the two men in poignant silence.

Then the Jewish man asked, "Can I borrow the dog?"

"Get in line," replied the other.
Post actions:

End of topic.