A & E

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

A & E

Post by Bobinwales » Mon May 20, 2013 12:17 pm

I was three-quarters of the way up a ladder painting the outside of my house last week and suffered a bit of a disaster.

I slipped, dropped my tin of paint and brush, pushed the ladder to my left and fell off to the right.

After a short while I pulled myself together and made my way to the A & E Department (Emergency Room) of the local hospital.

I was first in the queue and the Receptionist asked what was wrong. I told her that I had fallen off a ladder. She told me that I had a couple of hours to wait and that I should take a seat.

The bloke behind me was in a hell of a mess, covered in some sort of white liquid. He told the Receptionist that he had been walking down the street minding his own business when he had been hit in turn by a paint brush, a tin of paint and a ladder. He too was told that he would have to sit quietly for a couple of hours.

The third fellow looked really miserable. The Receptionist obviously knew him because she asked him what was wrong
"this time".

With a bit of a sigh he said, "My boss has been bullying me again. This time he put my head down the toilet and flushed it".

The Receptionist said, "Take a seat, we will be with you a in minute of two Mr Clegg".
Post actions:
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

End of topic.