The students in a high-school biology class were taking a mid-term exam.
The last question on their paper was 'Name seven advantages of mother's milk'.
One of the students had been accustomed to coming top of the class without too much effort. However, he was hard put to it to think of seven advantages. First he wrote:
1) It is the perfect formula for the child.
2) It provides immunity against several diseases.
3) It is always the right temperature.
4) It is inexpensive.
5) It bonds the child to the mother and vice versa.
6) It is always available as needed.
But at this point he found himself stuck.
Finally, just before the bell that indicated the end of the test rang, he added:
7) It comes in two attractive containers, and it's high enough off the ground that the cat can't get at it.
He got an A.
We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald
End of topic.