The sole with the toll

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

The sole with the toll

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:56 am

When the same man came into the charity shop I work in for the fifth week running, my inquisitiveness got the better of me and I struck up a conversation with him.

"Excuse me, sir", I said, "I couldn't help noticing that you appear to be a tramp. Yet lately you've come to this shop every Friday and Saturday, and both days you've spent £5 on a pair of smart black shoes. I must admit I'm completely baffled, so I was just curious to ask you why".

"Well, there's a perfectly simple explanation", he replied. "You see, every weekend I sit in a doorway by a nightclub with a very strict dress code".

"OK, but that doesn't fully explain it", I told him. "I mean, you don't need smart shoes just to sit outside a nightclub".

"Very true", he said with a chuckle. "But they're pretty useful if you want to get twenty quid off some stupid pillock who went out clubbing in trainers".
Post actions:

End of topic.