Differentials

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Differentials

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:11 am

Paddy McGuire, an elderly Irish farmer, received a letter from the Department for Work & Pensions stating they had received a complaint that he was not paying his employees the statutory minimum wage. The letter also informed him that they would be sending an inspector to interview his workers.

On the appointed day, the inspector turned up.

"Tell me about your staff," he prompted Paddy.

"Well," said the farmer, "there's the farmhand. I pay him £240 a week, and he has a free cottage.

'Then there's the housekeeper. She gets £190 a week, along with free board and lodging.

'There's also the halfwit. He works a 16-hour day, does 90% of the work, earns about £25 a week plus a bottle of whisky and, as a special treat, occasionally gets to sleep with my wife."

"What!" exclaimed the inspector. "Those are disgraceful conditions! I must interview the halfwit at once!"

"That'll be me then", said Paddy.
Post actions:

End of topic.