Turf war

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Turf war

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:07 am

Glasgow Rangers' manager flies to Kabul to watch some young Afghanis try out for the team. One of the would-be soccer players particularly impresses him, and the manager arranges for him to travel to Scotland to join the team.

Two weeks later Rangers are 4-0 down to Celtic with only 20 minutes left. The manager gives the young Afghani striker the nod, and suddenly the youngster is out on the pitch before a crowd of 50,000.

The lad is a sensation -- he scores 5 goals in 20 minutes and wins the game for Rangers.

The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted, and the media can hardly believe the ability of this new star.

When the youngster comes off the pitch he phones his mum to tell her about his first day in Scottish football.

“Hello mum. Guess what?” he says. “I played for 20 minutes today! We were 4-0 down but I scored 5, so we won. And everybody loves me -- the fans, the media -– everybody!”

“Wonderful”, says his mum. “Let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot in the street. Your sister and I were ambushed and assaulted. Your brother has joined a gang of looters, and all while you tell me you were having a great time!”

The young lad is very upset. “What can I say mum, but I'm really sorry”.

“Sorry?!!! SORRY?!!!” retorts his mother. “'It's your bloody fault we came to Glasgow in the first place!”
Post actions:

End of topic.