The art of improvising

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

The art of improvising

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:27 pm

A boy worked in the produce section of a supermarket in Florida. One day a man approached him and said he wanted to buy half a head of lettuce.

The boy told him that they only sold whole heads, but the customer replied that he did not need a whole head, just a half.

The boy explained that he would have to check with the manager, so he stepped into the open doorway of the office and said, "Excuse me, sir, we've got a jerk out here who wants to buy just half a head of lettuce".

As he finished saying this, he turned around to find the man standing right behind him, so he quickly added, "And this gentleman wants to buy the other half".

The manager okayed the request, and the man went on his way.

Later that day the manager said to the boy, "You almost got yourself in a lot of trouble earlier, but I must say I was impressed with the way you got out of it. You think on your feet and we like that around here. Where are you from, son?"

The boy replied, "Minnesota, sir".

"Oh yes? Why did you leave Minnesota?" the manager inquired.

The boy replied, "They're all just whores and hockey players up there."

"My wife is from Minnesota!" exclaimed the manager with some vehemence.

Instantly the boy replied, "Really! And what team did she play for?"
Post actions:

End of topic.