The man who knew his onions

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

The man who knew his onions

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:21 am

A woman took her 16-year-old daughter to their G.P.'s evening surgery and explained that the girl was being sick every morning and had developed a strong craving for pickled onions.

The doctor examined his young patient. Not many minutes later he confidently announced, "Your daughter is pregnant!"

"You must have got it wrong, doctor!" exclaimed the girl's mother. "My daughter has nothing at all to do with men -- isn't that right, my pet?"

"Yes, that's right, Mum".

The G.P. turned away and walked over to the window, where he gazed out at the eastern sky for a good two or three minutes.

"What are you doing, doctor"? queried the mother at length.

"Well", he replied, glancing at her, "the last time anything like this happened, a bright light appeared in the sky at dusk and three wise men came riding over the hill on camels. I'm buggered if I'm going to miss it this time".
Post actions:

End of topic.