The George W Bush Presidential Library

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

The George W Bush Presidential Library

Post by Erik_Kowal » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:31 pm

Construction of the George W Bush Presidential Library is now well underway.

You'll want to be one of the first to make a contribution to this great man's legacy. (Recommended donation: 2¢.)

The library includes:

* The Hurricane Katrina Room (still in the planning stage).
* The Alberto Gonzales Archive, where no-one can find anything.
* The Texas Air National Guard Room. (Attendance optional.)
* The Walter Reed Hospital Room, where they don't let you in.
* The Guantanamo Bay Room, where they don't let you out.
* The Weapons of Mass Destruction Room, which no-one has yet been able to locate.
* The Iraq War Room. Here, after you complete your first tour, you are routed onto second, third, fourth, and sometimes fifth tours.
* The Dick Cheney Room -- complete with shooting gallery -- in an undisclosed location.

Also included:

* The K-Street Project Gift Shop, where you can buy (or steal) an election.
* The Airport Men's Room, where you will be able to meet some of your favorite Republican senators.

To highlight President Bush's accomplishments, the museum will be equipped with an electron microscope to help you locate them.

The President has said that he doesn't care that much about the individual exhibits -- just that he wants his museum to be better than his daddy's.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Re: The George W Bush Presidential Library

Post by hsargent » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:52 pm

Don't forget the tax cuts that your Democrats want to cancel. And possibly the ain't bombed here since 911 room.

I don't appreciate the slander of My President. It is easy to talk a good game campaigning but it is hard to keep your pants on when it comes to doing the job!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Harry Sargent

Post by gdwdwrkr » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:59 pm

hs you may want to consider not taking the bait. The hooks are barbed....but there are times, I know, when keeping quiet sets your bones on fire.
Such postings as the one above yours reveal much about the poster.
I'm sure the Marxists will not need to solicit funds.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by PhilHunt » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:04 pm

Is there a room for recreational water activities? Or am I not allowed to mention that on this board? ;)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: That which we cannot speak of, must be passed over in silence...or else tweeted.

Post by PhilHunt » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:38 pm

hsargent wrote:I don't appreciate the slander of My President. It is easy to talk a good game campaigning but it is hard to keep your pants on when it comes to doing the job!
Wouldn't you rather have a President who dabbles in a bit of 'hide the cigar' but manages to balance the budget and cut taxes than a President who....well, where should we start? Is that the sound of your economy crummbling that I hear?

gdwdwrkr is right though. If you don't find the article funny then you shouldn't take the bait. Political satire is what political satire is. It works both ways.

And no! I did not have sexual relations with that woman! And frankly, I'm suprised anyone ever did.
Last edited by PhilHunt on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: That which we cannot speak of, must be passed over in silence...or else tweeted.

Post by gdwdwrkr » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:52 pm

Quotes are funniest when accurate.

It is always helpful, for humor-identification purposes, to see this:
:)
or this:
;-)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:08 pm

gdwdwrkr wrote:[
It is always helpful, for humor-identification purposes, to see this:
:)
or this:
;-)
Or it could be put in a section of the forum that was devised so that we could tell jokes to one another.

We have always laughed at politicians, you can hear the sniggers as I walk down the street!
@ . @
.. 0
\__/
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by gdwdwrkr » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:07 pm

Is that what that is!?! And I thought I had tinnitus.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Tony Farg » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:12 pm

seems to have got hs on the raw
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by gdwdwrkr » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:23 pm

Didn't take long to weave that thread.
If "we always laughed at politicians" would there not have been some balance?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by p. g. cox » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:55 am

Remember folks, don't get too serious about this. Poking fun at our politicians means that democracy is at work and that the Constitution is still in effect.
If you don't care for the put and take you could always move to Zimbabwe.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Pete.

Post by Wizard of Oz » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:31 am

.. actually George Dubya is pissed off because his home library burnt down and he hadn't even had a chance to colour in BOTH the books ..

WoZ with textas 16/04/08
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Post by PhilHunt » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 am

LOL - :)
That's the funniest thing I've read in a while. Cheers Wiz.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by zmjezhd » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:54 pm

A contest was held recently for submitting proposed designs of the GWB Presidential Library on the backs of envelopes (link). The actual library is to start building in 2009 on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX, (link).
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:51 am

Jim/zmjezhd,

Many thanks for supplying those links, especially the one to The Chronicle Review's priceless architectural competition (my favourite design concept was the one called 'Sticky Notes', but it was tough to decide between that and a couple of other hot contenders).

The feature I thought they could all have benefited from would have been a 360-degree spitting gallery designed to encourage visitors to hawk their loogies at a graven effigy of the 43rd President genuflecting before a neon-lit altar formed as a flashing red dollar sign and sponsored by Halliburton and the Heritage Foundation.

This would of course be pretty unhygienic, but the Spittoon Room would at least be consistent with all the best values of the Bush administration. And you can't overestimate the cathartic value to the library's visitors of being able to show their respect, in the most appropriate possible fashion, to a leader whose reckless charge beyond the brink has succeeded so well in capturing the imagination of so many of their gobsmackingly gullible compatriots.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC