** Three couples

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

** Three couples

Post by Erik_Kowal » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:29 pm

Three couples – an elderly couple, a middle-aged couple, and a pair of young newly-weds – wanted to join a conservative church in their part of town. The pastor told them, "We have special requirements for new members. In particular, you must first agree to abstain from sex for two weeks and thereby demonstrate your commitment to the path of righteousness."

The couples agreed; two weeks later, they returned.

The pastor went first to the elderly couple and asked them, "Did you abstain from sex for two weeks as I asked you to?"

"Oh, no problem at all, Pastor!" the old man replied.

"Congratulations! Welcome to the church!" said the pastor. He turned to the middle-aged couple and asked them the same question, to which the man responded: "Well, the first week was not too bad. The second week, I had to sleep on the couch a couple of nights. But, yes, we did make it through."

"Congratulations! Welcome to the church!" exclaimed the pastor.

Last of all, he approached the newly-weds and asked them the identical question: "So, were you able to abstain from sex for two weeks?"

"No, Pastor, I’m afraid we failed," the young man replied sadly, shaking his head as he spoke.

"Oh dear! That grieves me very deeply!” the pastor declared, gazing intently into the other’s eyes. After a few moments’ silence, he asked him, "So – what went wrong?"

"Well, you see, my wife was reaching for a can of paint from the top shelf,” the young fellow explained ruefully, "and she dropped it. When she bent over to pick it up, I was overcome with a surge of lust and took advantage of her right then and there."

"You understand, of course," said the pastor slowly, "this means we cannot make you welcome in our church."

"We know, we know," said the young man. "We're no longer welcome in Home Depot either."
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC