Horse sense

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Horse sense

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:32 am

A cowboy rode into town and stopped at a saloon for a drink.

Unfortunately, the locals had a habit of picking on strangers.

When he finished his drink, the cowboy found his horse had been stolen. He went back into the bar, handily flipped his gun into the air, caught it above his head without even looking, and pointed it at the ceiling.

"Which one of you sidewinders stole my horse?!" he yelled with surprising forcefulness.

No one answered.

"Okay, I'm gonna have another beer, and if my horse ain't back outside by the time I finish, I'm gonna do what I dun in Texas! And I don't like to have to do what I dun in Texas!"

Some of the locals shifted restlessly. True to his word, the man had another beer, walked outside, and his horse had been returned to the post. He mounted the saddle and started to head out of town.

At that moment the bartender scurried out of the bar after him and said, "Hey there, pardner, before you go... So what did happen in Texas?"

The cowboy turned to look at him and said, "I had to walk home."
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC