Young 'uns

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Young 'uns

Post by Bobinwales » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:10 am

A bloke in the pub told me that his 4 year old nephew had been been having Spanish lessons for 6 months but can't even say "please" yet.
I said that I thought that it was poor for four!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Re: Young 'uns

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:13 am

A bloke in the pub said he was grateful he had been able to graze his herd of Andalusian cows on the village common free of charge since as far back as he could remember.

I told him he was right to be thankful for the moochers' grass years.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:29 am

I happened to bump into my former MP Michael Heseltine in a bar on the Costa del Sol. He was about to order me a beer when some bloke pushed in front. So I told the bartender, "Serve Hezza!"
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:23 am

A bloke in the pub told me he'd just come back from a camping holiday in France. At the campsite he met a very nice local couple, and back at his pitch he mixed them some fruit juice with tonic water. He said they'd all really enjoyed their in-tent cordial.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:00 am

A bloke in the pub told me he'd recently celebrated Burns Night in his favourite restaurant in Edinburgh, where they happen to employ topless waitresses. Apparently the regulars there are full of praise for the place's neeps and tatties.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:27 am

I was sitting in a café in a small town in Mexico. After some sightseeing that morning I'd stopped off there for a slice of tres leches cake and a cup of tea. To my surprise, the place seemed to be a family business run by an Indian or Pakistani couple and their grown-up offspring. It had started to get busy soon after I arrived, so by the time I was ready to order my next cuppa the place was humming and it took quite a while to attract the attention of one of the waitstaff. When the youthful sari-clad server eventually came over, I saw it wasn't the same one that had taken my previous order. Nevertheless, she greeted me with a friendly smile. I smiled back. "Namaste!" I said.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by tony h » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:50 pm

Erik_Kowal wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:27 am to attract the attention of one of the waitstaff
"Waitstaff" is new to me.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC