Cable TV

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Cable TV

Post by Stevenloan » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:35 am

Hi everyone! How often do you watch cable TV? I seldom watch cable TV. I watch pleny of videos on Youtube.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Cable TV

Post by BonnieL » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:08 pm

Can't afford cable. Haven't watched tv in years. Mostly we watch dvds - our own or from the library.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:59 pm

BonnieL wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:08 pm Can't afford cable. Haven't watched tv in years. Mostly we watch dvds - our own or from the library.
When I lived in the States my wife and I decided to cut the cord to cable TV because of the expense. Instead we subscribed to Netflix, Amazon Prime (which also offers lots of streaming content) and Hulu, which collectively gave us access to lots of regular TV programming. The savings amounted to something like $70 a month.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:18 pm

We don't have cable where I live, but of course we can and do stream from the internet.
Personally though, I am grateful to the American cable company called TNT. They paid for a series called Will and I was an extra, sorry, SUPPORTING ARTISTE.
I did a few weeks work and Margaret and I had a holiday in Tenerife on the proceeds!
When Margaret saw my contract she said that she was surprised that my character had a name. I told her that I didn't, but she showed me the contract and told me that my name was Mosh Pit!
Last edited by Bobinwales on Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Stevenloan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:40 am

BonnieL, Erik and Bob : Thanks so much for your responses. Have a nice weekend.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC