Flat tire / a puncture

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Flat tire / a puncture

Post by Stevenloan » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:25 pm

Hi guys! Have you ever had a flat tire / had a puncture on a high way and you had to call a tow truck? In my country a large majority of people use motorbikes. If their motorbikes have a puncture on a highway, it is incredibly hard to find a motorbike repair shop.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Flat tire / a puncture

Post by tony h » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:45 pm

Cars are generally required to carry a spare wheel to solve the problem. For motorbikes and cars there are motoring groups and services that will come out to you and make a repair/replacement. I am unusual in that I also carry a puncture repair kit for my main car.
https://www.rac.co.uk/breakdown-cover/motorbike-cover
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

Post by Bobinwales » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:12 am

A lot of cars these days do not carry a spare. The one we have now does not. Instead we have an aerosol can that does some sort of repair to get us to the nearest safe spot.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:49 am

And some cars have a skinny "space-saver" spare wheel which is intended as a stopgap that will enable you to drive to a place where your original tyre can be replaced or repaired.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Stevenloan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:52 am

tony h, Bob and Erik : Thank you all very much for the interesting information. Enjoy your day.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC