Sleep paralysis

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Sleep paralysis

Post by Stevenloan » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:01 am

Hi guys! According to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sleep-paralysis/ , sleep paralysis is when you cannot move or speak as you are waking up or falling asleep. It can be scary but it's harmless and most people will only get it once or twice in their life.

I have experienced it more than four times in my life. Once I saw a scary face smiling at me and then disappearing into thin air. Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis? If yes, approximately how many times? Was it scary?

I await your responses.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Sleep paralysis

Post by trolley » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:20 pm

I've experienced it three times. It is terrifying. Each episode only lasted two or three seconds but that was more than enough.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:38 pm

Have a look HERE
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Stevenloan » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:03 pm

trolley : Thanks for your answer. Bob : Thanks for the link.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by BonnieL » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:13 pm

I've experienced it twice & it is indeed terrifying! And that's even with knowing what it was as I had read about it. The 2nd time I thought I was dying - I had twisted around in my sleep & was cutting off my air by lying with my arm under me pressing on my throat.
Thank goodness I've not had that happen since.

Edit: Now that I've read the article, I wonder if my feeling choked was real. Many years ago I was attacked & choked - I sometimes have intrusive memories of that. Perhaps it was more memory than reality.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Stevenloan » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:26 am

BonnieL : Thanks a lot for your response. Have a nice day.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC