If you know anyone having a pacemaker fitted

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

If you know anyone having a pacemaker fitted

Post by tony h » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:38 pm

This is really off topic but someone might benefit from it. So if you know anyone having a pacemaker fitted, or changed, make sure it is MRI compatible. Many, but not all, are and it is a damn sight easier, and quicker, to have one that is than having to dig out the cables and replace it all when you need an MRI.

If it is a new fitting there is no problem. If you are at a replacement there may be a need to replace the leads which may mean digging out the ends that are hooked into the heart.

Good luck.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

Re: If you know anyone having a pacemaker fitted

Post by BonnieL » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:22 pm

My brother-in-law just had one put in - after triple bypass surgery. He had absolutely no symptoms until he keeled over while training for a triathlon & ended up in ER. If you have a family history of heart problems - as he did - get checked out!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC