A happy Christmas to all!

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

A happy Christmas to all!

Post by Forum Admin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:48 pm

The ice has started cracking underfoot and the whorefrost glitters in the trees as I walk Sheba in the mornings. It is time for a festive greeting.

It is now eight years since I gave up my ex-patriot life, and I am internally grateful that I found this little corner of Merseyside. I find that I rather like it here. After all, when looking for somewhere affordable to live, I only missed out on living in Port Talbot by a hare’s breath.

Sheba, whom I can currently hear woofing down her food as she is wanton to do, is healthy and happy. She is easily pleased and not burdened by the unpleasantness of our modern, doggy-dog world. And I have learned from her to be content. While not exactly social leopards, to all intensive purposes we keep ourselves to ourselves.

But what a bizarre year it has been! First the Brexit vote, which I had rather expected to be much adieu about nothing, but which ends up with Farage paying a curtsey call to Trump! Aye, and there’s another strange one. I had expected the American elections to be a bit of a damp squid, and along comes Trump like a bowl in a china shop and shocks everyone.

And in the mist of all this, there is a half-asked effort to oust Jeremy Corbyn. We really do have to mustard all our strength and nip all this in the butt. I really am intrigued what next year will bring. I am on tenderhooks!

But I have digressed. The crutch of the matter is just this:
Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Post actions:

Re: A happy Christmas to all!

Post by Bobinwales » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:34 pm

And a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all Wizards right around the Globe.
Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i pawb.
I understand that the Flat Earth Society have announced that they now have members in all corners of the Globe.
Post actions:
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by BonnieL » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:41 pm

And a blessed word purrfect Christmas to you!
Post actions:

Post by Wizard of Oz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:02 am

Belated it may be but it did have to turn right side up so that you Northerners could read it. Talks of frost 'n ice 'n snow 'n the like is lost on we who endure 30-40 degree, centigrade that is, days for Chrissy.

To all and sundry >> MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

WoZ who survived it all
Post actions:
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

End of topic.