Finger food for thought

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Re: Finger food for thought

Post by Erik_Kowal » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:04 am

BonnieL wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:05 pm
Thanks! That's not the sort of history that's taught in public schools here.
An awful lot of American history is not taught in American schools, whether they are state-run or privately run, and a lot of what is taught is, regrettably, tendentious and self-serving. (In that respect it's like most of the British history that was served up to me and my classmates here in the UK about 50 years ago.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Rufus Miles » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:32 am

fascinating Phil. I see you use audiobooks,
so for you and for anyone interested my book Marsh Heirs is available as an audiobook on Audible/Amazon. If anyone hasn't read it, I assume everyone, I shall be offering the kindle version free in the next couple of weeks, so if you are interested don't buy it yet. I'll let you know here or in the main clubhouse - suggestions please for most appropriate place - when the promotion starts.
HOWEVER for the Audible version I do have some promotional codes if you are already a member, meaning (assuming they work) that you can download it free. If you are interested say so and I'll send you a code.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Phil White » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi Rufus, long time no see!

I'll mail you with suggestions as to where you can promote the book here.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC