Ash?

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Ash?

Post by Bobinwales » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:03 pm

Are you watching cricket WoZ?
Post actions:
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Re: Ash?

Post by Phil White » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:47 pm

I hate the one-day game...
Post actions:
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Post by tony h » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:39 am

I am puzzled. Some one told me this as a joke:
What do you get if you cross an Aussie with an OXO cube? Laughing stock!
Post actions:
Signature: tony

With the right context almost anything can sound appropriate.

Post by Bobinwales » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Ooh that is cruel Tony.

I don't want to say too much with the Rugby World Cup looming and the dreadful display that Wales made us endure against Ireland yesterday.
Post actions:
Bob in Wales

Post by Wizard of Oz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:42 am

Sorry guys. I have not been avoiding the cricket issue. I mean it is bloody hard except maybe you missed the 2 days. I feel so very sorry for my son and his mates. They were all finally going to see an Ashes game in England. They had Day 3 tickets. Yep, that's right. They got to see 39 minutes of Test cricket!! I feel there is great dissension in the team and we do not have a big personality to manage all the prima donnas. There are really no senior players at the moment and the Manage/Coach isn't strong enough.

Now the Rugby is a different matter. Well it is until possibly this Saturday when our Wallabies go to Eden Park. But for now we are the holders of the Rugby Championship trophy. We di beat the All Blacks. What else can I say??

BTW Bob I think that is a cracker of a joke. Especially as it leaves itself open for the insertion of any Nationality so it can be endlessly recycled.

WoZ currently in the cricket soup.
Post actions:
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Post by Bobinwales » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:44 pm

I hope David and his mates made up for everything in the clubhouse after the 39 minutes were up. That's one hell of a long way to come just for that!
Post actions:
Bob in Wales

Post by Wizard of Oz » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:15 pm

The funny thing Bob is that as they were waiting in the airport for a transfer they saw the first 10 minutes when the 3 Aussie openers were dismissed. The beginning and the end; alpha and omega. They did make up. Besides going to Scotland for a few single malts they went on to Norway for some great adventures.

WoZ who is jealous
Post actions:
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

End of topic.