Tactics

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Tactics

Post by Wizard of Oz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:31 pm

.. my youngest son, Damien, has ben taking his children, young Ben and Charlotte, down to the park to get in a bit of soccer .. during the big match Damo had been explaining to the kids that you needed tactics to trick the goalkeeper so that you could score a goal .. the most common method was interpassing between players before taking a shot at goal .. so here they were, down to the last play of the game .. Damo in goals and the next goal wins !!! .. Ben and Charlotte move towards the goal and Ben runs up to his Dad and asks, "Where are the car keys Daddy?" .. to which my son replies, pointing towards their things on the sideline, "In my bag." .. so as Ben starts to run towards the bag Damo moves slightly after him calling out, "Why do you want the car keys??" .. at that point it was the moment when things went into slow motion as he realised that Charlotte had moved into position behind him her foot neatly striking the winning goal and young Ben turned around and yelled triumphantly .. how old are these master tacticians ?? .. 6 and 8 .. GO THE YOUNG ONES !! ..

WoZ the Proud G/F
Post actions:
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

End of topic.