Favorite Cartoons

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Favorite Cartoons

Post by Aligburg » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:58 am

Hi everyone
This is Heary I like cartoons a lot I have a many favourite cartoon series and character I also watch lot's of cartoon movie in Cartoon Network I love the colours, effect and their creativity. Particularly the Donald cartoons, will forever be tops for me, since that's where it all started.Share with me the what are your favorite cartoons.

Thank you
Post actions:

Re: Favorite Cartoons

Post by Wizard of Oz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:46 am

.. Hi Aligburg .. or can I call you Ali ?? .. I dig the Roadrunner and for a full length job you can't beat Fantasia ..

WoZ watching Steamboat Willie
Post actions:
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Post by elview » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:48 am

Yes! Fantasia is one of the best ever - and done all by hand in the era before computer graphics! I used to watch some kids shows with one of my clients ahd she liked to watch a semi-cartoon called The Wonder Pets. I really enjoyed the style of animation and the simple storylines.
I also enjoy some of the old black and white cartoons from before my time. There's one where a newlywed couple of flies check into the Spider Hotel. I have it on a CD. It's very imaginative.
Another feature length cartoon I love is Disney's Lady and the Tramp. The dogs move just like real dogs, and that is so charming!
Post actions:
Signature: elview
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

Post by Edwin F Ashworth » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:14 am

Fantasia, Hugo the Hippo, The Lion King, Dumbo and, at No. 1, Beauty and the Beast.

TV cartoon series I thought unmissable were Popeye, the original Johnny Quest, Captain Scarlet, and Tom and Jerry.
Post actions:

Post by Ken Greenwald » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:38 pm

aaa
I liked Mr. Magoo, Sylvester the Cat, and Porky Pig.

Ken – October 31, 2012
Post actions:

Post by trolley » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:08 pm

My faves were the old Popeye cartoons made for theatrical release by the Fleischer brothers in the 30's. They also did full length Gulliver's Travels that rivalled the artistry of Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. You can't beat hand-drawn cell animation.
Post actions:

Post by dante » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:40 pm

I can remember a lot of comics that I loved to read, but not many cartoons and I believe that most people from ex-Yugoslavia who are about my age (and a bit older, and a bit younger) feel the same. Comics were much popular then, and still are especially the Italian comics. They were really great, especially those created by Max Bunker and Magnus. I'm not sure I knew anyone who didn't read Alan Ford, Zagor, Veliki Blek (Il grande Blek), Komandant Mark (Il Comandante Mark), Corto Maltese, Dylan Dog...back then. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_comics
Interestingly, a few comics by the authors other than Italian that come to mind, such as Asterix, Iznogud, The Phantom, Rip Kirby, Modesty Blaze.. were nowhere near as popular the Italian ones. From my point of view it is completely understandable, it is hard to put anyone on par with The Spirit with the Hatchet :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zagor.
Publications

Even though Zagor is popular in Italy, it is even more popular in Croatia and Serbia, where it is being published to this day, being also published in other former Yugoslav republics: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia and Slovenia. In former Yugoslavia, Zagor was published by the Serbian publication Dnevnik in its Zlatna Serija edition from 1968. Although not as popular, Zagor comics are also published in Austria. Zagor is one of the most popular comic heroes in Turkey since the 1960s. Three unofficial Zagor movies have been produced in Turkey during 1970's.[1] Zagor was also published in Greece and in Israel in the 1970s, where, during that time, Tex Willer was published as well.
Post actions:

Post by Wizard of Oz » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:38 am

.. a good way to spend 10 dinar ..

WoZ the lumberjack

PS .. this is definitely racist >> Kandrax - Celtic druid who wields mystical powers. hee hee hee
Post actions:
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Post by Karret_35 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:46 am

“Mickey Mouse” is my favorite cartoon. Even my kids are also crazy about those cartoons. These are really the best cartoons displayed on TV. But I cannot understand why cartoons are despised by my husband.
Post actions:

Post by Wizard of Oz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:21 am

.. karret that link to vote is a very long list of cartoons ... I was surprised by the position of some cartoons .. some I would've liked to be able to vote off >> Simpsons, Ren & Stimpy, South bloody Park !!! ..

WoZ being drawn
Post actions:

Post by combiproperty » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:22 pm

My favorite cartoon would have to be Dragonball how to hack facebook account
Post actions:

End of topic.