Oh Lord won't you buy me a mercedes benz

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Oh Lord won't you buy me a mercedes benz

Post by dante » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Some swedish guy was caught for speeding.Well,faulty speedometer is a lame excuse I think http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/12082010/36/sw ... ine-0.html
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Oh Lord won't you buy me a mercedes benz

Post by trolley » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Ouch! That is one stiff fine. The max speeding ticket in these parts is 480 bucks. That's an "excessive speeding" charge which is 40+ kmh over the posted limit although, at 300 kmh, there would be a bucketfull of other charges and fines to go along with it.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by dante » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Maybe it's 6.500 and 00 stands for the eyes of the policeman when he saw the speed :)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by christinecornwall » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:23 pm

I just got done paying $360.00 for doing 55 in a 40 (mph)!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by dante » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:41 pm

360$ fine would make me a pedestrian for the rest of my life:)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:24 pm

The next question is how the penalty will be enforced. Swiss road, Swedish driver... how will the Swiss authorities compel him to pay the £650,000 / $1,000,000 fine?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Post by Bobinwales » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:16 am

If there is any way of getting money the Swiss will find a way.

Where is Haro when you need him?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Edwin F Ashworth » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:37 pm

dante opines: Some swedish guy was caught for speeding.Well,faulty speedometer is a lame excuse I think
I don't know - the Swiss are well aware of cuckoo clocks.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Wizard of Oz » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:11 am

.. gee Christine it is good that you weren't driving your Mercedes-Benz SLS or you might've been going faster .. like 131 mph faster .. "smile" we have you on camera ..

WoZ who has a colour TV
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC