Even if it's wrong

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Even if it's wrong

Post by dalehileman » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 pm

The right wing pursues its narrow goals at all cost. In the case of global warning, for instance, it's the immediate-profit motive

I'm reminded of the cartoon where two panicky canoeists who have lost their paddle drift toward the head of a waterfall when one of them says, "Let's do something, even if it's wrong"

I envision two railroad workers on a handcar looking for debris in a narrow single-track tunnel approaching a curve when one says, "I think I hear a train,"

whereupon the other replies, "Just watch for trash"
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Even if it's wrong

Post by PhilHunt » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:19 pm

I think the canoeist's exclaimation is meant to be smutty. I'm reminded of a quote from a TV programme in the UK called Oranges aren't the only fruit; "How can something this beautiful be so wrong?"

As for politics, I will quote Robin Williams in Man of the Year. "Politicians are like diapers, they both need to be changed often and they're both full of the same thing. <No offence Bob ;)>
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: That which we cannot speak of, must be passed over in silence...or else tweeted.

Post by Bobinwales » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:50 pm

What else would you expect from an American with a Welsh name who thinks that English women speak with Edinburgh accents?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by PhilHunt » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:39 pm

Bobinwales wrote:What else would you expect from an American with a Welsh name who thinks that English women speak with Edinburgh accents?
Or, do Edinburgh women speak with English accents?

(waiting to be lynched by a Scot)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: That which we cannot speak of, must be passed over in silence...or else tweeted.

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC