Ruggers

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Ruggers

Post by Bobinwales » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:51 am

Good grief WoZ, it's not Fiji's fault they won, the boys done good. It was the fault of a number of Welshmen that we lost. I am not naming them here, this is not the forum for it, but I will say those of us who said at the time of the original appointment that it was a ghastly mistake, have been proved right.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Ruggers

Post by gdwdwrkr » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:11 am

Collective nouns of this type, around here, are singular.
Team has lost.
Crowd is unruly.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ruggers

Post by Liam - Galway » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:34 pm

At least Bob you have a change of coach to look forward to - here we decide to give ours a new 4 year contract before the competition started!

Reality is that the 6 Nations is grossly over-hyped & that collectively we couldn't put a pack together that would be able to compete with the southern hemispere teams....
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ruggers

Post by Bobinwales » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:25 am

Liam, the problem is that reality has nothing to do with Welsh Rugby. Every one of us could pick a better team than any incumbent coach, and play in it ourselves.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Bob in Wales

Ruggers

Post by Wizard of Oz » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:11 pm

.. Bob is the tighthead or hooking position available in your team ??? .. I'll bring me boots and mouthguard .. *grin* .. oh if only .. I am sure I can find some Welsh heritage somwhere back there .. let's see .. I live near Swansea and Cardiff and my lady-love is Rhonda (only one /d/ though) .. Mother's and Father's families were coalminers .. ummm what else .... I collect Dragons .. the junior soccer team I played for wore red and white .. was in the choir all through school .. love Dame Bassey AND Tom Jones AND Bryn Terfel .. OMG I'm typing in stereotypes ..

Wallaby WoZ 02/10/07
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Ruggers

Post by Bobinwales » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:14 pm

Sorry WoZ, you can be coach though. We will have your teeth removed and seats fitted.

Tighthead or hooker? I thought you would have been clever enough to be a back. I was a winger, sigh (exit stage right, sobbing).
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Bob in Wales

Ruggers

Post by Wizard of Oz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:07 pm

.. I was a piano pusher not a piano player .. *grin* .. and I only ever had to catch wingers once ..

WoZ of Aus 03/10/07
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Ruggers

Post by paulwiggins » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:06 am

Presented without malice: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rQiarWZruCc
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ruggers

Post by Phil White » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:56 pm

May I buy the digestif you'll need when you eat all those words, WoZ? Perhaps you should try the various brands of Calvados, as you will have little else to do while you're topside.

But to be fair, the lads from Downunder put up a spirited fight. I really quite enjoyed the match.

Oh, I hope you enjoy the sightseeing while you're in France.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Ruggers

Post by paulwiggins » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:14 am

Undoubtedly very soon there will be some funny self-effacing tvcs about such matters.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC