Ruggers

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Ruggers

Post by paulwiggins » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:05 am

One notes it is that time again. Let the snarkiness commence.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ruggers

Post by Bobinwales » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:25 am

It could well be interesting Paul. There was no need to get WoZ to flying north and actually walk around the right way up though. It is a great deal to ask of a man just to watch rugby. I just hope that our countries' efforts will mean that we will still be talking when we meet up for a pint.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Ruggers

Post by Tony Farg » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:45 am

Oh frabjous day, calloo callay
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ruggers

Post by paulwiggins » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:59 am

When it comes to rugby, I'm still a New Zealander. I'd barrack for Wales any day ahead of the Wallabies. Looks nervously over his shoulder for the men from the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ruggers

Post by Wizard of Oz » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:04 am

.. so Paul at the moment one of your professed teams has felt the Wrath of the Wallaby .. we only have to wait several weeks more to once again see your other team self-destruct and implode .. new haka or no .. *grin* ..

.. and Bob I can assure you that Wallabies will drink with anybody .. well almost anybody, I can think of certain Antelopian teams that are off the list .. but particularly when it is a winning pint ..

Wallaby WoZ 16/09/07
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Ruggers

Post by Bobinwales » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:57 am

OK, so we came second yesterday, I suppose that is a virtual pint I owe you WoZ. The Wallabies winning means that we should face your friends from the Cape in the Knock-outs. You can buy me a virtual pint if we do the business then.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Bob in Wales

Ruggers

Post by Wizard of Oz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:12 am

.. if only the refs and touchies will do the job on that lot .. they got Berger but I still can't believe what they get away with .. I mean headlines like this >>> South African Steyn cited for biting. <<< don't help their cause .. but 'nuff said .. s'all intha game ain'tit .. *whispers* .. don't tell Paul but I do like the look of those blokes from across the ditch .. there is little doubt that they will make the 3rd v 4th playoff game .... again !! .. jolly old England has to make it past Tonga yet .. *grin* .. few bruises for the boys there .. unfortunately my heritage team haven't enhanced their standing and their game against the Mafia won't be easy .. but I will be over there in a week and a bit to see for myself ..

WoZ of Aus 25/09/07
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Ruggers

Post by Phil White » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:41 pm

Be careful, WoZ. I just shared a ferry from the UK to France with some green-shirted Afrikaans-speaking co-travellers. I felt safest locked in the lavatory.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Ruggers

Post by Wizard of Oz » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:36 pm

.. I feel they would have that effect on me too .. *grin* .. I mean they would give anybody the toms wouldn't they ?? .. I read recently on a Rugby site that there is a general feeling that the two teams in world Rugby that nobody can cop are the Boks and England .. except their loving own of course ..

Wallaby WoZ
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ruggers

Post by gdwdwrkr » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:14 pm

Bet their hats were green too.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ruggers

Post by Bobinwales » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:16 pm

Please don't mention Fiji.

I said don't mention Fiji!

@ @
.0.!
/~
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Bob in Wales

Ruggers

Post by Phil White » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:59 pm

The CIA World Factbook says "None" under "International disputes" for Fiji. Needs updating.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Ruggers

Post by Wizard of Oz » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:39 pm

.. is it true that Wales have dispatched their warship to the Pacific on stand-by ?? .. oh dear oh dear .. it IS a sorry day in the Valleys ..

Wallaby WoZ
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ruggers

Post by Wizard of Oz » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:44 pm

.. but it is a funny competition .. of the three .. Scotland, Ireland and Wales it was more likely that Scotland would be the one to miss out .. but Scotland now carry the pride and hopes of the Celts .. and of course the Wallabies have THAT team again .. Little Jonny I mean .. can the word team be singular ??

Wallaby WoZ
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ruggers

Post by Tony Farg » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:11 am

Wrong kind of Celt, but Oh, well, any port in a storm.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS