Off-topic addendum to OED thread

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Post by Shelley » Mon May 01, 2006 2:26 am

gdwdwrkr wrote: And to which planet will that be?
Touche (belatedly), gdwdwrkr! Uranus. ;-D
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by gdwdwrkr » Mon May 01, 2006 4:18 pm

I would have bet an as_teroid that that would be your answer. Must be your accent!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Mon May 01, 2006 5:29 pm

I am inclined to assent.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Post by Shelley » Tue May 02, 2006 7:58 pm

Terribly sorry to have taken the bait. Couldn't help it. I could have named any planet: Saturn, for instance, but you'd have run rings around me there, too.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by gdwdwrkr » Tue May 02, 2006 11:44 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/space/12/22/uranus.hubble/ Shelly, this link explains your "too."
Trust you got your rest.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed May 03, 2006 5:59 am

Uranus requires no additional rings to function.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC