Penguins

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Penguins

Post by Phil White » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:29 pm

bobnshelley started it.

Okay, it's been bugging me for about 2 years or so since I caught up with the last 15 minutes or so of it on TV.

It was a sort of film in documentary style about penguins. Could have been in black and white, but hey, it's about penguins. It anthropomorhized them and had them having meetings where they discuss environmental issues. I remember some truly desolate shots at a derelict whaling station. Wonderfully thought provoking, tragic sort of stuff.

I'd love to catch up with it and see the whole thing. Warning! It could have been a German-language film though.

Any ideas?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Penguins

Post by Phil White » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:51 pm

Okay, don't bother.

The film was "der Kongress der Pinguine", directed by a Swiss filmmaker Hans-Ulrich Schlumpf.

And how did I find out? The director of "The March of the Penguins" ("la Marche de l'empereur") was one of the cameramen of "der Kongress der Pinguine". Love it.

Catch up with it if you can. It's just been released in DVD, and it says it has an English soundtrack as well.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Penguins

Post by Shelley » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:05 pm

Thanks, Phil White, I will add it to my (very long) list of foreign (non-English) language films to see!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC