Rooster sanctuary

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

Rooster sanctuary

Post by Phil White » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:34 pm

I am very fond of animals. Like most people, I tend to prefer the mammals, but I am also fascinated by creepy crawlies and, to a certain extent, reptiles and so on. For some reason, birds, and poultry in particular, tend to leave me cold. But as I get older, I am increasingly loth to eat them.

But a rooster sanctuary? Seems very strange to me. Do you suppose they provide cock succour?
Post actions:
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Re: Rooster sanctuary

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:13 am

Every time Batman's car breaks down, he gets his cape on to pull it. Even though it's just a coupe the car is heavy, so he needs to pull hard. It's game hen!
Post actions:

Re: Rooster sanctuary

Post by BonnieL » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Erik_Kowal wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:13 am
Every time Batman's car breaks down, he gets his cape on to pull it. Even though it's just a coupe the car is heavy, so he needs to pull hard. It's game hen!
First read-through I'm going "huh"? Second time I got it.

Chickens are fun, but I don't understand people treating them like pets. Mine are egg producers first, meat producers second. But the older hens get a reprieve because they're too old to eat & they don't eat much. I have a bantam mix that my mother gave me back in 2002 or thereabout. She was the best broody hen I ever had & was a prolific egg layer. She's still a sexy hen - according to the rooster. :D
Post actions:

End of topic.