Should I really care if they are "sorry"?

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

Re: Should I really care if they are "sorry"?

Post by tony h » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Should I really care if they are "sorry"?
Well, I feel sorry for the way Christine has been treated in these replies. Both Erik and Christine are entitled to their views and are entitled to express them but, in my view, wether or not it was intended, the manner of the expression was unseemly.

But back to the original point. I think a corporate apology is appropriate and useful. But the word "sorry" seems much more of a personal utterance used in respect of a specific event, and therefore generally inappropriate for a corporate message where the word "apologise" seems to be a better choice.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

Post by JANE DOErell » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:15 pm

I am genuinely, truly sorry that I started this thread. Please accept my apologies.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:10 pm

tony h wrote:Well, I feel sorry for the way Christine has been treated in these replies.
Don't be.
tony h wrote:Both Erik and Christine are entitled to their views and are entitled to express them but, in my view, wether or not it was intended, the manner of the expression was unseemly.
Which expression?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Post by tony h » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:32 am

Erik_Kowal wrote:Don't be.
I have re-read this thread and this has reaffirmed the view to which I came previously.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

Post by christinecornwall » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:59 am

JANE DOErell wrote:I am genuinely, truly sorry that I started this thread. Please accept my apologies.
While I feel your pain, Jane, your post gave me a hearty laugh. Thanks.
Thanks to you too tony h.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Berale » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:13 am

should you care if they are sorry? that's up to you, but I don't think they're asking you to care. should they say they're sorry? I think that's reasonable courtesy. should you believe their statement that they are sorry? that's another question altogether...

I have been known to pedantically correct my husband when, during a game of Ludo, he takes one of my men and - being a well-brought up Englishman - says "sorry". Of course he isn't remotely sorry, he's making progress towards winning the game.

But I do love the English tendency to say "sorry" so frequently, it makes life so much more pleasant and prevents so many unnecessary rows.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Meirav
http://meirav.multiply.com

Post by Bobinwales » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:36 am

How nice it is to see you back Meirav. You have been away too long.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Berale » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Bobinwales wrote:How nice it is to see you back Meirav. You have been away too long.
thank you. sorry :)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Meirav
http://meirav.multiply.com

Post by wordworld » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:27 pm

I know that I have gotten emails from them before stating that the "quality wasn't good" on the last video that I streamed and they offered to give me a 2% discount. However, I can't recall actually getting this discounted amount except for one time. I think they do try and provide excellent customer service, however it is hard to know if they are sorry if they don't offer some kind of compensation.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "Life is like a well written essay, powerful words used at the correct time can inspire."
-Unknown

Post by longstockinggirl » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:42 am

I am "sorry" for the way Mr. Erik_Kowal was treated in this thread.

Perhaps it is better for a corporation to be "too sorry" and fix the problem than to put you on hold indefinitely and never correct your cause for concern. Or worse, dismiss you outright.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC