Right versus Left

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

Re: Right versus Left

Post by Erik_Kowal » Mon May 12, 2008 8:02 pm

Gdwdwrkr, I looked up the BBC article in question. Its author, Danny Wood, is a bloke.

As to whether he has 'a face for radio', click here to judge for yourself.
Post actions:
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Post by Phil White » Mon May 12, 2008 10:11 pm

PhilHunt wrote:After reading the American Heritage Dictionary I'm a bit confused as to what you really mean Phil. ??
Therein lies temptation. If the cap fits...
Post actions:
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Post by gdwdwrkr » Mon May 12, 2008 10:25 pm

wrong again
Post actions:

Post by PhilHunt » Tue May 13, 2008 10:13 am

gdwdwrkr wrote:Pen-collecting is a problem?
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful....hate me because I'm more beautiful than you."
Who wrote the BBC article? A woman with a face for radio, probably.
I think the problem lies in the fact that she has no track record in politics but plenty of experience in beauty contests. Also, all the women in Berlusconi's government have light weight roles.
I think the article is condeming Berlusconi more than the women. Silvio is famous for putting little faith in womens abilities, recently in a TV debate when asked what advice he would give to young women wishing to improve their standard of living in Italy he replied 'Marry a millionaire.'
He also advertised Italy to the business communities of the world as the country they should expand into as 'it has the most beautiful secretaries in the world'.
Post actions:
Signature: That which we cannot speak of, must be passed over in silence...or else tweeted.

Post by PhilHunt » Tue May 13, 2008 10:41 am

Phil White wrote:Therein lies temptation. If the cap fits...
Well I tried the cap on this morning and I have to say it felt very faux-naïf.
Post actions:
Signature: That which we cannot speak of, must be passed over in silence...or else tweeted.

Post by adinnhall » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:03 am

Although I'm left-handed and supposedly should favour the right side of my brain only for certain parts of the brain; some descending pathways control the same side that they started from, and some control both sides together, as in posture and balance.
Post actions:

Post by Edwin F Ashworth » Thu May 06, 2010 8:29 am

That sounds like the Parliament we seem to be heading towards.
Post actions:

Post by Edwin F Ashworth » Fri May 07, 2010 9:24 am

Well, most of the results are known now. All the irregularities and surprises, the bad decisions and questionable tactics are largely history - and yet we still don't know who will come out on top.
My money's on Chelsea.
Post actions:

End of topic.