Solace

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

Solace

Post by petillm » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:54 pm

I was hoping someone could help me with a good creative tagline for " Solace Insurance Group". I will be sellling auto,home,life,health,commercial insurance. I will be representing 6 different insurance companies.

I'm looking for something that touches on the solace(comfort) factor, along with choices to the consumer. Hopefully something short and to the point.

Any good creative suggestions out there!!

Thanks!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Solace

Post by Ken Greenwald » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:34 am

Err. Is this the same Mike who was just asking us about synonyms for ‘guardian’ or ‘protector’ and whose main concepts for his customers were “protection and choice” or do I have my mikes crossed? I sense a disconnect here.

Ken G – April 12, 2006
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Solace

Post by Erik_Kowal » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:42 am

Solace: When Only Second-Best Will Do.

A Better Class Of Mediocrity.

When You've Lost The Race, You'll Still Have Solace.

Watch This Solace.

When You've Totally Lost It, We Slap Your Face.

The Pretty Face Of Incompetence.

Or, less realistically:

Solace: A Better Place To Be.

;-)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Solace

Post by gdwdwrkr » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:51 am

or:
Solace.......when you're running against miles.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Solace

Post by petillm » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:46 pm

Yes, this is the same Mike that originally was asking for another name for Guardian. Sorry for the confusion!

I thought I'd take a different approach to the other side of insurance, due to so many other protective names taken up out there. I thought the word "Solace" could be branded in a different way, emphasizing the comfort level of helping people in times of need. A different look at it!

I tossed around Solace with other names like:

Petrus
Centrus
Centic

A think a good tagline would help the name stand out.

Looking for your creativity!!

Thanks!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Solace

Post by hsargent » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:08 pm

Protection with a caring touch!

A thought without my tongue in my check.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Harry Sargent

Solace

Post by Erik_Kowal » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:01 pm

For you, Harry, money does not talk?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Solace

Post by minjeff » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:25 am

I would say:

"For the bad times, there's always Solace"

Kind of corny, but I think it'll stick.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Letters go together to make words; words go together to make phrases, and phrases sentences, but only in certain combinations. In others they're just non-sense.

Solace

Post by Debz » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:50 am

"Solace. Your friend today - and tomorrow."

"Solace Insurance Group. You call. We'll be here."

Too sweet?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Solace

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:22 am

S.I.G.............N HERE.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Solace

Post by petillm » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:40 pm

Creative Group,

I appreciate all of your responses back and yet I seem to be more confused in choosing the right name/tagline for my insurance agency. First I was trying to emphasize the protective side (Guardian), then I was going toward the comfort side (Solace), now I'm still not sure, due to representing 6 different insurance companies, I was thinking of something that would incorporate the safety/choices/service/value that people are looking for today, along the lines of something like "SafeHarbor" or something similar. I didn't want to overbrand my name over the insurance companies, as they too have solid brand names (Erie,Progressive,GMAC,Atlantic Mutual, BlueCross/Blue Shield, Entrust).

What does the group feel about incorporating a good name that gives me my own identity, yet doesn't confuse the public as just another agent representing these companies. I didn't want to use my own personal name, due to everybody already doing this.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Solace

Post by gdwdwrkr » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:53 pm

Creative Group Insurance

ThinkTANK Insurance

Bettoloseandwin Insurance
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Solace

Post by aelnamer » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:53 am

Quality and Secure Coverage with the Solace Group.

Ahmed
14th of April,2006
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Ahmed EL Namer
Dawson Creek,BC

Solace

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:07 am

Mike,

It seems doubtful that we can help you here, because it is now clear that the main issue is not primarily the external one of choosing a suitable business name that needs to conform to certain presentational criteria, it is your conflicted and unresolved feelings about emphasizing your personal identity versus a corporate identity. This dilemma is beyond the scope of this forum.

My advice in this situation is for you either to read publications that focus on this aspect of business presentation, and to reach a decision accordingly, or to consult a marketing company that can both help you to work through the implications of the available options and provide practical follow-up. The latter will naturally be more expensive than reading books and magazines or asking for help here, but may well be worth it if it ensures that you get this important decision right.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Solace

Post by Wizard of Oz » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:06 pm

.. Mike .. see it worked .. you came here asking what was best what should happen how can I what sounds right and of course there is never any shortage of both serious and cute replies .. but when you read through all the responses and then come down to your final offering .. SafeHarbour .. I think you have nailed it .. you have many ships in your fleet, viz Erie, Progressive, GMAC, Atlantic Mutual, BlueCross/Blue Shield, Entrust, and when the storm hits or threatens we all look for some ship in the rescue fleet to come out and bring us to a SafeHarbour .. where we can seek solace and lick our wounds .. besides that Mike it is yours .. you have ownership of the name and ownership precedes effort .. go for it mate .. sail out and bring those in need to your SafeHarbour ..

WoZ of Aus 16/04/06
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."