nondescript

If you feel that your question or comment doesn't fit into the categories above, feel free to post it here.

nondescript

Post by dalehileman » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:04 pm

Phil: Thank you for your input but you have voted twice, once for 19 and once for 20
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

nondescript

Post by Wizard of Oz » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:06 pm

.. Nimo, Downunder we just stick to calling them a Heinz dog ..

WoZ of Aus 01/02/05
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

nondescript

Post by Erik_Kowal » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:11 pm

Dale, 'Nineteen' was from 20 years ago. Does that count for nothing?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

nondescript

Post by Phil White » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:36 pm

WoZ, we also have Heinz dogs Upover.

I wonder which column this would have belonged in on the old site?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

nondescript

Post by Erik_Kowal » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:39 pm

The fifth.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

nondescript

Post by Ken Greenwald » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:55 am

Allen, If Mel is allowing nonintegers, I’m going to have to go with 1/9 = .1111111111111111111111 . . . . with its infinite number of ones, which in my view will do the job much more efficiently than the lone ‘1’ that I offered above and certainly better than the much more exhilarating and distinctive string of threes (with all its curls and character) produced by 1/3.

Ken – January 31, 2004
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

nondescript

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:00 am

This is a day that will live in infinity.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

nondescript

Post by kagriffy » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:40 pm

I ALMOST agree with you, Ken. But, I have decided to withdraw my former vote and vote instead for 2/9: .222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 . . . . Doesn't that look like the string of Zs that is used in cartoons to indicate snoring? How much more nondescript can you get than a number that bores itself to sleep? *G*
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature:
K. Allen Griffy
Springfield, Illinois (USA)

nondescript

Post by Ken Greenwald » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:33 pm

Allen, By Jove, I think you’ve got it! That one is so nondescript, I’ve got to take a nap.

Ken
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC